"There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars."
Jack Kerouac

Wednesday 3 August 2011

ROOM// inspiration































(Image sources// killingmoon, fashiontoast, zoella, sprinklediary, rockett st george, coldAM, weheartit, daydreamlily, lula scrapbook, fashioneyes)

Primarily due to my current depressing lack of funds, I have temporarily abandoned fashion for a brief but very passionate affair with interior design inspiration in a bid to start proceedings on a bedroom makeover. If I could take all the elements of these pictures and jumble them together in a kind of decorating recipe experiment, I imagine the result would be pretty much my perfect room.

The first thing I'm going to attempt is definitely some kind of polaroid collage - possibly heart shaped in a direct copy of the first image - and a re-shuffle of the moodboard above my desk, now looking sadly inadequate after seeing these masterpieces. I'm also weighing up the merits of draped swathes of fabric over my bed - very pretty but possibly too impractical for me seeing as I generally tangle myself in my duvet trying to get up - more fabric could cause serious injury.

I'm always ok with fairylights, the more the better and I'm always looking for new and more intricate ways of incorporating them into the room, and I may attempt some form of plant life in a kind of indoor/outdoor way although the chances of the plant's survival are probably fairly slim - maybe plastic flowers would work better, I'm slightly obsessed with the 3D flower 'wallpaper' in the second to last image. 

Main inspirations are the Lisbon sister's room in The Virgin Suicides, Margaux Lonnberg, the Secret Garden, Anthropologie stores and a general vintage, shabby chic aesthetic. Otherwise, lots and lots of candles, artfully placed trinkets, some edgy prints for the walls, vintage florals, piles of books and jewellery and a messy heap of blankets and cushions for a bed. And possibly some stag antlers on the wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment